Bon Voyage!

March 2,2009

Our Condo

Our Condo

Sunday, May 24, 2009

May 2009 update

I can't believe it's been a month since the last update!!! Time flies when you're ....fill in the blank.
In May I worked in Spain for two different weeks, plus visited a physician in Lugano, where Ann and I stayed in a 400 year-old inn, in a room where both Musollini and Orson Wells stayed (no hauntings unfortunately...).
Ann and I also made a quick weekend trip to Marseille, Aubagne, Cassis and the Toulon area. Mike and Allison visited for a few days, followed by Allison, Meg and Ashley a week later.
All four of them drove to Barcelona where my last meeting was. Ann and I had a great time spending time with and showing them around this great part of France.
After leaving Barcelona, Ann and I headed north along the Spanish coast and up into the Langueduc region (200 miles west of Provence). We stay overnight inside the walls of Carcassonne,a medieval city.
We then headed off into the land of the Cathars to Minerve, their one-time hideout from the Pope, on the edge of a cliff in the mountains. This entire region may be our favorite yet! Beautiful rolling hills and very old,quaint villages. Wild red poppies fill the fields almost everywhere.
We're very excited to head to Salt Lake and Oceanside this coming week. We can't wait to see everyone and spend some extensive time on the beach with the everyone - especially the grandkids.

1 comment:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones