We spent Saturday in Aix-en-Provence at a huge city market enjoying the fresh fruits and veggies - the women did some shopping in Zara's....We also went up to Avignon, where a huge theater festival was in full swing - lots of acting troupes parading around town to get people interested in their evening plays.
They went to church with us and enjoyed seeing that the church is the same everywhere(except the language).
We covered some new territory close to home and were surprized to find new treasures within 30 minutes of home. Some beautiful hill towns, gorges and spectacular para-sailing that was real tempting to Lee, Rachael and myself. Dinner was in Valbonne, one of our favorite small towns close to where we live.
While I was working, they spent some time at the beach and experienced the extraordinary floating characteristics of the Mediterranean.
I went up to Berlin this week and it has really changed since Ann and I were there 15 years ago. Everythings beautiful, new and/or renovated.
I have some physician visits in northern Italy so we're heading over to Bologna, Ravenna, Verona, Brescia and Bergamo. One night we have opera tickets for Aida in the Roman Arena in Verona. It holds 25,000 people and should be unique experience.



No comments:
Post a Comment